ButterflyVPN Terms of Service
Updated on: December 22, 2017
Welcome to use the ButterflyVPN Products and Services. By accessing the Products or Services of ButterflyVPN, you are agreeing to comply with and be legally bound by these Terms.
You acknowledge that you have fully read, understood and accepted the Terms before purchasing or using the ButterflyVPN Products or Services.
If you do not agree with any part of the Terms, you may not use our Services. ButterflyVPN Team reserves the right to modify the Terms and the corresponding service rules as necessary and reserves the right to make public announcements such as news bulletins and web page announcements without notifying you separately. After the Terms are changed, you acknowledge you accept the amended Terms if you continue to use the ButterflyVPN Products and Services. If you should discontinue the use of this Service if you do not accept the amended agreement.
I. Contents of the Service
The Service refers to ButterflyVPN providing users with cross-platform data encryption transmission services through legal Internet technologies.
II. Acceptable Use Policy
ButterflyVPN Services may be accessed from all around the world, so it is your responsibility to assess whether using the Site, Apps, Software, or Services is in compliance with local laws and regulations. Whenever you use the Site, Apps, Software, or Services, you should comply with these Terms and applicable laws, regulations, and policies. ButterflyVPN aims to provide the best service possible to all of our users. In that sense, we require that you do not misuse our Products or Services. A misuse refers to any use, access, or interference with the Products or Services contrary to the Terms or applicable laws and regulations. In order to protect the Services from being misused or used to harm someone, ButterflyVPN reserves the right to take appropriate measures when our Services are being used contrary to these Terms and applicable laws. You agree that ButterflyVPN may terminate your account, without providing a refund for Services already paid, if you misuse the Service.
In using our Services, you agree not to:
- Send or transmit unsolicited advertisements or content (i.e., “spam") over the Service.
- Send, post, or transmit over the Service any content which is illegal, hateful, threatening, insulting, or defamatory; infringes on intellectual property rights; invades privacy; or incites violence. Upload, download, post, reproduce, or distribute any content protected by copyright or any other proprietary right without first having obtained permission from the owner of the proprietary content.
- Upload, download, post, reproduce, or distribute any content that includes sexual or explicit depictions of minors.
- Engage in any conduct that restricts or inhibits any other Subscriber from using or enjoying the Service.
- Attempt to access, probe, or connect to computing devices without proper authorization (i.e., any form of “hacking”).
- Use the Service to endanger the Internet security, infringe upon other intellectual property rights and other illegal activities;
- Attempt to compile, utilize, or distribute a list of IP addresses operated by ButterflyVPN in conjunction with the Service.
- Use the Service for anything other than lawful purposes.
VPN service coverage, speeds, server locations, and quality may vary. ButterflyVPN will attempt to make the Service available at all times. However, the Service may be subject to unavailability for a variety of factors beyond our control, including but not limited to emergencies; third-party-service failures; or transmission, equipment, or network problems or limitations, interference, or signal strength; and may be interrupted, refused, limited, or curtailed. We are not responsible for data, messages, or pages lost, not delivered, delayed, or misdirected because of interruptions or performance issues with the Service, communications services, or networks. We may impose usage or Service limits, suspend Service, terminate VPN accounts, or block certain kinds of usage in our sole discretion to protect Subscribers or the Service. The accuracy and timeliness of data received is not guaranteed; delays or omissions may occur.
ButterflyVPN reserves the right to investigate matters we consider to be violations of these Terms. We may, but are not obligated to, in our sole discretion and without notice, remove, block, filter, or restrict by any means any materials or information that we consider to be actual or potential violations of the restrictions set forth in these Terms, and any other activities that may subject ButterflyVPN or our customers to liability. ButterflyVPN disclaims any and all liability for any failure on our part to prevent such materials or information from being transmitted over the Service and/or into your computing device.
In order to improve user experience and Service, ButterflyVPN Team will continue to develop new services and provide software updates (which may be submitted to you in the form of replacement, modification, enhancement, version upgrades, etc.). With the new version of this Service released, the older versions may not be available. We do not guarantee the availability of older Services, please check and use the latest version at any time.